Thursday, August 23, 2012

Old Cake Pan Tiered Tray

Day three of dollar store projects is in full swing, but I'm cheating a little.  To make this cute rustic tiered tray I did get a little help from the often overlooked kitchen section at my local thrift store, but I love the way it turned out.  I'm not sure exactly what I will store in it, but I think it would be cute as a jewelry holder, display in the kitchen or it may just may go on my new farmhouse table :)  The best part is it took just a few minutes to transform my two cake pans and a dollar store candlestick into something really unique.
The pans I picked up a few months ago during a sale at a local thrift store for 25 cents each, and the candlestick, just like the one I used for the "Crystal" Cake Stand (tutorial here) was of course a whopping $1. 
I decided on this great pale green from Krylon.  I bought this Pistachio for another project and since I had a little left over it was perfect for this.
Apply two quick coats of the spray paint then let it dry completely.
Now comes the connection.  E-6000 is magic!  OK maybe not magic but it will connect just about anything you want connected.  Put a thin layer along the top and bottom of the painted candlestick.
Now center the glue and candlestick inside the bottom pan then add the smaller pan on top and use a few cans to weigh everything down until it dries.
This is the finally product!
Only about $2.50 cents worth of supplies and the result is super charming.
This would work with any pans or tins, but I loved the dents and dings from these well used cake pans.  The character was included, no distressing necessary!

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment