Sunday, January 13, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


You like me, you really like me!!!  OK, so one person, the lovely Georgia over at CraftSewLoveGrow likes me, but hey I will take it!  All kidding aside, just before the craziness of the holidays I got an email from Georgia nominating me for the Liebster Award!!!


The purpose of this fun award is to bring attention and hopefully new fans to blogs with less than 200 followers.  In receiving this award you are asked to post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you and then in true blog loving fashion create 11 questions for the 11 new blogs you love with less than 200 followers.  Phew... get all that :)

OK, so here goes, 11 random facts about me:

1. I went to college on a Rodeo scholarship.. yes those do exist.
2. After that, this will NOT be as much of a shocker, I ride horses :)
3. I'm a horrible procrastinator, I'd rather watch re-runs of The Real Housewives then be up all night finishing a project that I could have easily finished while normal people are awake!
4. My day can never really start without coffee, but if there is NO flavored creamer... no thanks.
5. My little kiddos are better artists than I am, drawing is not one of my strengths.
6. I grew up in Idaho.
7. I hate yard work, a gardener I am not!
8. I love those rare lazy days when you never get out of your pajamas.
9. I once had American Idol dreams.
10. I'd love to write a book someday.
11. I am blessed beyond belief!!!

Now... The 11 questions from CraftSewLoveGrow:

1.What made you start your blog?
Shortly after leaving TV news to be a stay at home mom, I cherished being home but needed a creative outlet so the blog was born :)
2.What advice do you have for potential bloggers?
Just do it!  Don't over think the idea of blogging, just jump in with both feet you'll figure it out as you go.
3.What inspires you?
Old pieces of furniture that have been discarded.  I love the idea of bring new life to old things. 
4.Do you have a favorite material to work with?
Wood.
5.Name a place you would love to travel.
Anywhere in Europe.
6.What is your favorite post or project you have done?
I look at my antique buffet everyday and still love the huge transformation so that's probably my favorite!
7.Where would you prefer to live: the beach, the mountains, the city, the country and why?
The country!  I love to visit the city to shop, the beach to eat and the mountains to ski, but the country is where my heart is! 
8.What is your favorite movie?
Sweet Home Alabama
9.What would your dream occupation be?
Fashion designer, but that silly no drawing skills AT ALL puts a kink in that dream.
10.Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
"Don't sweat the small stuff." Simple, but so true!
11. What is your favorite smell?
Vanilla.
I am so very honored that anyone takes the time to read my blog or is inspired by the crazy projects I take on.  So thank you, thank you, thank you Georgia for this very sweet and much appreciated nod.  But, I do have to admit that juggling the craziness that is my wonderful life, which includes my helpful husband, two wild and wiggly kids and about one million projects, most of which are just swirling around in my head, I don't have much time to check out new blogs.  So I am accepting this award and hope that you will all in turn take some time to check out Georgia's blog  and any other new bloggers you come across.  The time that goes into posts and projects is something I never appreciated until I started this crazy journey, so hats off to all bloggers big and small!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment