Tuesday, November 8, 2011

S'Mores Treats .. Kid and Grown-Up Approved!

It's hard to find someone who doesn't like Rice Krispie Treats. I mean it's butter, marshmallows and cereal.. what's not to love??? Plus they're so EASY, which is a huge plus for me.  But when my wonderful sister-in-law told me about some she had on a recent road trip that used Golden Grahams cereal instead...  it sounded so delicious I decided I had to try something new.  I totally just winged it... but wow are they good!  This is what I came up with...part s'mores, part cereal treat, part popcorn ball... all together "deliciousness".
Ingredients:
8 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
1 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 a stick of butter (1/4 cup)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
In a large pan melt the butter.. then add in the bag of marshmallows.
Once everything is melted... turn off the heat.
Then add the cereal.
Once all the cereal is coated in the butter and marshmallow I stirred in one cup of mini chocolate chips.
You end up with this gooey, glorious mixture :)
Next I sprayed a little cooking spray on my hands (you could also use butter) and made balls out of a palm sized amount of the mix. Finally I just set them on some parchment paper to cool... and tried to resist the temptation to "taste" them all :)
They were a big hit with my little kids and this big kid too :)
Pretty cute just on a plate...
or wrapped up as a gift!  When you are stuck inside on a dreary winter day, this taste of summer is the perfect medicine!

Enjoy, Lindsey :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they turned out perfect! I'm sure "Rambo" will love them :-)

    ReplyDelete